Selected Papers in Microbiology
Patrick Linder's choice
Description of interesting papers:
- A selection for SOS response deficient mutants.
- Absence of replication origins stimulates growth in some archaea.
Original Title: Accelerated growth in the absence of DNA replication origins. Hawkins M, et al., Nature 503:544-‐7, 2013
- Frameshifting in a leader ORF (uORF) induces antibiotic resistance virulence.
- Temperature triggers immune evasion by Neisseria meningitidis.
- PAAR repeat proteins sharpen and diversify the type VI secretion system spike.
- Wolbachia uses a host microRNA to regulate transcripts of a cytosine methyl-transferase, contributing to dengue virus inhibition in Aedes aegypti.
- A CRISPR/Cas system mediates bacterial innate immune evasion and virulence.